Exercise 1: Create a French Team Site
In this exercise you will install the French Language Pack and create a French team site.
Task 1 – Installing the French Language Pack.
- Using Internet Explorer navigate to http://tinyurl.com/24rh5wk.
- Set the language to French and click Change link.
- Click Télécharger button
- Save ServerLanguagePack.exe to desktop.
- Double-click ServerLangaguePack.exe to start installation.
- Follow installation wizard to install the French Language Pack.
- Verify the Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard now check box is checked.
- Click Close.
- Select Next and then Yes to start the configuration wizard.
- Click Finish when the wizard completes.
- The SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard will configure the new templates. The French templates are available after the wizard completes.
Task 2 – Creating a New Team Site Using the French Templates
- Navigate to http://intranet.contoso.com using Internet Explorer.
- Expand the Site Actions menu and click New Site.
- Select French in the language drop down located at the top of the New Site dialog.
- Select the Team Site template.
- Set the Site’s title to French Demo.
- Set the site’s Url to frDemo.
Select Language and set site’s url
- Click Create.
Exercise 1 Verification
In order to verify that you have correctly performed all steps of exercise 1, proceed as follows:
In this verification, the Silverlight Web Part will display the three tasks created in the Task list.
- Using Internet Explorer, navigate to http://intranet.contoso.com/frDemo.
- Verify the site French Demo site exists and displaying French text.